What You Should Know About the 2018 BWC Ohio Safety Congress & Expo
March is the traditional time of transition for the weather and start your spring cleaning, and it's also a great time to brush up on your workplace safety knowledge. The Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation will be hosting the Ohio Safety Congress & Expo March 7-9 this year at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Read on to learn more about this event.
Seminars and Classes Available at the 2018 BWC Ohio Safety Congress & Expo
The 2018 BMC Ohio Safety Congress & Expo is a free event with more than 200 seminars and classes available, including:
- Changes in OSHA's Walking Working Surface Standard
- More than Just Compliance: Safety and Environmental Management
- Incorporating Wellness into an Existing Safety Program Strategy: Using the Total Worker Health Approach (Repeat Session)
- What is Workers' Compensation Fraud?
- BWC Services for Ohio Employers
- Mindfulness in Safety - Practical Practices
- What the New OSHA Fall Protection Regulations Mean to You
- Developing a Safety Culture
- Workers' Compensation Medical Reimbursement and Coding Policy Updates
- Evidence Preservation for Death Investigations
- Who Are the Players in Workers' Compensation - A Panel Discussion for Employers
While the event planners make every effort to ensure there's plenty of room in every seminar and lecture, attendance is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If there's a particular session you're looking forward to, you'll want to try to arrive before the scheduled start time to get a good seat. There will also be new product showcase from many big-name suppliers in the workplace safety industry, giving you a firsthand look at some of the new products and technologies being designed to keep your employees safer and your claims down.
Register for the Expo
Registration for each day begins at 7 a.m. with the Expo Marketplace and Safety Innovation displays and educational sessions beginning at 8 a.m. The expo breaks for an on-your-own lunch each day from 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m., and there are plenty of restaurants within just a few blocks of the convention center, so you don't have to worry about missing valuable learning time. The sessions and lectures pick up after lunch and run until closing time at 5 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, respectively. There's also a dedicated half-hour for Marketplace time on Wednesday from 2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
This event is a must-attend for employers who are interested in learning more about creating a safety culture and protecting their interests, and it's a fantastic opportunity to get more information on managing and decreasing the number of workplace-related claims. This event is so popular with those in the workplace safety industry that it is sold out to product and service providers for the 4th year in a row, meaning there will be more than 200 exhibitors in attendance. Our team at Dawson & Associates LLC will also be there, and we'd love the chance to get to meet our readers in person and talk to you about your needs.